Image of girl after losing father

Get free advice about your claim! Call 020 8891 8002

Fatal Injury Claims

We’re fully aware of the fact that no amount of money will ever compensate you for the loss of someone you love. Still, we try to help our clients as much as we can and ease their difficulties when such tragedies happen.

Our solicitors will advise you and guide you through the paperwork so you don’t need to worry about the legal process of filing a fatal injury claim.

It may be possible to claim compensation (damages) for negligence as a result of someone’s death if another person or organisation was fully or even partially to blame.

Law Society accredited solicitors showing excellence in legal practice

Over 40 years’ experience as personal injury claims experts

No Win No Fee

Accredited and Experienced Lawyers

Stone Rowe Brewer LLP are an APIL accredited team of 6 fee earners and 10 support staff specialising in severe and life changing personal injury and clinical negligence. We have experience dealing with a wide range of claims, from first instance right through to trial and settlement.


We can help you claim compensation. Call our specialist solicitors on 020 8891 8002 for free advice.

Causes of Fatal Injury Claims

A fatal injury claim can be brought whether the death resulted from:

  • A Road Traffic Accident (RTA
  • Clinical negligence
  • A workplace-related death (for instance industrial accidents, health and safety failures)
  • Exposure to a hazardous substance
  • Accident in a public place

The surviving relatives have the right to bring a compensation claim or continue a legal claim that had begun while the victim was still alive.

Types of Compensation

When someone’s death resulted from a disease or the injuries sustained in an accident, the damages awarded usually consist of:

  • A dependency claim and a pension loss for the financially dependent relatives (such as the spouse, the children or an elderly relative that relied on victim’s income)
  • Bereavement: a fixed amount set by law is paid to:
    1. The spouse of the deceased, or
    2. The parents (if the deceased was unmarried, younger than 18, and still living with the parents at the time of death)
  • The actual financial losses, including any costs related to the death of the victim:
    • Funeral costs
    • Estate administration fees
    • Medical care costs (home nursing care, private health care)
    • Travelling costs for hospital visits
    • Housing adaptations.

Contact our solicitors today to see if you qualify for a valid fatal injury claim.


How long do I have to put in a compensation claim?

Usually you have three years to start legal proceedings for personal injury, however in the case of claims related to Asbestos or delayed symptoms you would have three years from the date the symptoms / causes were identified by a professional.

If in doubt about your right to claim or if a deadline is fast approaching please call us we will be happy to look into your case.