Crashed Car Image

Get free advice about your claim! Call 020 8891 8002

Private Individual Liability

When someone is injured in an accident, they can file a claim against the negligent driver, due to the fact that he was in breach of his duty of care.

Contributory Negligence

If both the claimant and the defendant share the fault for the crash, contributory negligence applies, therefore: Your share of guilt will affect the compensation you will receive. So if you are 50% at fault for the crash, 50% of the compensation will be deducted.

Law Society accredited solicitors showing excellence in legal practice

Over 40 years’ experience as personal injury claims experts

No Win No Fee

Accredited and Experienced Lawyers

Stone Rowe Brewer LLP are an APIL accredited team of 6 fee earners and 10 support staff specialising in severe and life changing personal injury and clinical negligence. We have experience dealing with a wide range of claims, from first instance right through to trial and settlement.


We can help you claim compensation. Call our specialist solicitors on 020 8891 8002 for free advice.

After the Accident

After the accident our solicitors advise you to:

  • Report the accident to the police and to your insurance company (your policy may not be valid if the accident is not reported)
  • See a doctor, even if you injuries seem minor. The medical report will serve later on as a key evidence in your compensation claim
  • Gather any evidence that might help your case: write down everything you remember related to the event and get the names of witnesses; take photos of your injuries and of the scene of the accident


In UK, any person driving a vehicle is required by law to have an insurance cover. In general, the compensation claimed by the injured victim is paid by the defendant’s insurance company.

If the negligent driver had no (or inadequate) insurance at the time of the accident, the victim can still submit a compensation claim to the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). There are several strict rules and deadlines that apply, such as:

  • The uninsured driver must be at fault; For injured victims, there must be a formal medical record stating the connection between the accident and the injuries
  • For personal injury claims, you have to report the accident to the police within 14 days from the date of the accident and for property or vehicle damage claims, within 5 days
  • You have to file the personal injury claim to the MIB within 3 years and the associated property damage claim within 6 years

Contact us today and schedule a free-of-charge consultation.


How long do I have to put in a compensation claim?

Usually you have three years to start legal proceedings for personal injury, however in the case of claims related to Asbestos or delayed symptoms you would have three years from the date the symptoms / causes were identified by a professional.

If in doubt about your right to claim or if a deadline is fast approaching please call us we will be happy to look into your case.